Registration for RareX 2016 is open. Attendees can register online with a credit card, or request an invoice. Accommodation can be booked at the time of registration (until Friday, 12 August – thereafter rates cannot be guaranteed and attendees should book direct with the hotels), and a Letter of Support for Visa applications can be requested too.
ICORD members are eligible for a discounted registration fee. To apply for ICORD membership, please click here.
Patients, support groups, medical students and registrars
Rare Disease South Africa (RDSA) registered member patients, support groups, medical students and registrars are eligible for a discounted registration fee to attend the conference.
Are you a patient organisation or support group?
You might be interested to attend as an exhibitor which will allow you to introduce your organisation or group to patients, families and other organisations or institutions attending the conference. To participate as an exhibitor, it will cost ZAR 500 (excl VAT) for a table and two chairs. For further information, please take a look at the sponsorship and exhibition prospectus here (specific details are on page 4).
How to register?
Registration for RareX 2016 should be done through the online registration system.
Upon receipt of your registration form and payment or credit card details, the RareX 2016 Conference Secretariat will confirm your participation with a formal confirmation and invoice.
To qualify for the early registration rates, registration and payment must be done by 11 May 2016. The late fee will be automatically charged if your payment has not been received by 12 May 2016.
- All fees are to be settled in South African Rand (ZAR).
- The US Dollar (USD) and Euro (EUR) equivalent shown is an indication only and based on EUR1 = ZAR 16.75. Current exchange rate conversions can be found as XE Exchange.
- RareX 2016 is pending registration for value added tax (VAT) in South Africa only.
- Early registration fees are available until 11 May 2016.
- Standard registration fees are in effect from 12 May 2016 until 14 October 2016, thereafter the late/on-site registration fees apply.
(before 11 May 2016)
(12 May – 14 October 2016)
|Late / On-site
(from 15 October 2016)
|Attendees registration||ZAR 5,250
|*ICORD members registration||ZAR 4,400
|**Attendees from Low Income Countries||ZAR 3,250
|***RDSA registered member patients, support groups, medical students and registrars registration||ZAR 1,000
* ICORD members are eligible for a discounted registration fee (50 EUR/year). To apply for ICORD membership , please click here.
** Low Income Countries are defined according to the World Bank Country Classification of Low Income economies countries; click here to see the Country Classification data.
*** Rare Disease South Africa registered member patients, support groups, medical students and registrars are eligible for a discounted registration fee to attend the conference.
Conference registration fees include
- Access to all RareX 2016 sessions (ICORD and RDI sessions included)
- Lunch and tea/coffee breaks
- RareX 2016 proceedings
- Welcome Networking Cocktail
Additional / accompanying persons tickets
- Welcome Networking Cocktail ZAR 450 (EUR 27)
- Conference Dinner ZAR 500 (EUR 30)
All conference registration fees exclude
- Conference Dinner
- Accommodation costs
- Travel costs
- Travel insurance
- Visa or inoculation costs
- Pre/post-conference tours
Registration and Accommodation Terms and Conditions
- A completed registration will be acknowledged within seven (7) days.
- A registration will only be valid once full payment of the amount owed is received and cleared.
- All payments must be made payable to RAREX (Pty)Ltd.
- All fees are payable in South African Rand (ZAR) within seven (7) days of invoice. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged to the attendee.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and received by the RareX 2016 Conference Secretariat.
- Cancellation fees will be imposed as follows:
- Cancellations 60 days prior to the start to the conference (before 18 August 2016) will receive a full refund less a 15% administration fee.
- Cancellations received between 59 and 30 days prior to the start of the conference (before 18 September 2016) will be refunded 50% of registration fees paid; if registration and accommodation fees are outstanding the attendee will liable for 50% of the amount owed.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received within 30 days of the start of the conference, or for no-shows, and the attendee will be liable for full registration and accommodation fees.
- A registration is transferable to an attendee not yet registered only if the RareX 2016 Conference Secretariat is informed in writing at least 72 hours prior to the start of the conference.
- A registration may not be shared, i.e. shared name tags will not be issued and name tags may not be shared.
- The RareX 2016 Conference Secretariat reserves the right to amend the listed rates should the prevailing rate of VAT (currently 14%) or the current tourism levy (currently 1%) be increased or changed. The same applies should any new levy or tax be imposed.
- Hotel guests are liable for any extra charges incurred during their stay and will be required to provide credit card details upon check-in in order to cover any such extras.
Limitation of Liability in Relation to RareX 2016
RareX reserves the right to cancel RareX 2016 without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for RareX 2016 which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of “force majeure”. For the purposes hereof, the term “force majeure” shall mean any incident, circumstance or cause which renders delivery of RareX 2016 substantially or totally impossible or impracticable and which is beyond the control of RareX. The term shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Any strike, or other industrial action of any kind;
- Fire, flood, or adverse weather conditions;
- Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment;
- Failure of carriers, delays in performance or delivery by sub-contractors or any other breach by a third party of a material obligation towards RareX;
- Power failure;
- Promulgation/amendment/rescission of any relevant legislation or regulation by local or national government;
- Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for RareX to cancel RareX 2016.
In such circumstances, RareX, the RareX 2016 Local Organising Committee and the RareX 2016 Conference Organisers are hereby indemnified and shall not be liable to any attendee, supplier or other service provider for any loss or damage save that RareX shall only be liable to reimburse the relevant party such amounts as may actually have been received by RareX BUT AFTER deduction of any costs that have been reasonably incurred by it up to the point of cancellation in preparing the Conference. This limited liability does not extend to any payments that may have been made directly or indirectly (on behalf of delegates/attendees/service providers, etc.) to third parties such as hotels or airlines.
The RareX, the RareX 2016 Local Organising Committee and the RareX 2016 Conference Organisers shall not be responsible for any theft, breakage, destruction or damages of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused to personal and/or business items of attendees, accompanying persons, children, or other attendees.
All attendees are to make themselves fully aware of the health and visa requirements in respect of travel to South Africa; in the event that an individual is unable to participate in the Conference due to not meeting these requirements in any way; neither RareX nor the RareX 2016 Conference Organisers accept responsibility in any respect.